Share this story!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Delusions of Granduer...OMFG

Happy New Year darling blogees! Don't be alarmed by the stark new appearance of OMFG...simply keeping it simple until I enlist the help of a techie friend to redesign the whole thing. In typical me-fashion, out of nowhere I decided the former layout was absolutely intolerable and had to be scratched immediately, if not sooner.

The ringing in of a new year means one thing for most: resolutions. Mine are normally the same and usually broken by the first week or so: eat less dessert (pftttt), exercise more (pftttt) and spend more time with family (okay, that one I do tend to keep). I find resolutions to be small, logical goals everyone aspires to integrate into their everyday lives...in other words, no fun at all. What I prefer to live by are delusions of grandeur. Of course, the difficult part with delusions is that they tend to remain in your head-space instead of in real space.

But, alas, I choose to live with one foot soundly tethered to the ground and the rest of me floating in the clouds. Makes for a mildly conflicted existence, but after twenty-four years of so of doing so, I can't imagine functioning any other way. To my credit, several of my nonsensical delusions have come true thus far in life...travel to New York as a model, insane comped trip to Vegas, visiting the homeland, aka Asia, with my family and meeting all my extended family there as well as partying my little face off in several continents. With such luck in having my seemingly far-fetched goals fulfilled thus far, one can only continue to dream.

Carrie's Vogue boss on Sex and the City once said "you can have it all...it just won't look like what you pictured it" and while first watching the episode, I remember whole-heartedly agreeing at the wisdom and truth of such a statement. A couple years later and what do I think? That line is a bunch of hooey. It's going to look exactly how you want it to as long as dreaming isn't all you do. Lost as I may be right now (and at twenty-four I'm going to pardon myself for a few more years before terror sinks in), I know my delusions of grandeur remain in focus daily and get a little closer each day.

Another resolution of mine this year? Curing my insomnia. Although it seems the hours between 2 and 6 in the morning are some of my most productive...how else can you explain blogging at 4 a.m.? It's back to bed and hopefully some sleep for me blogees! Happy dreaming! x

No comments:

Post a Comment