Share this story!

Friday, November 4, 2011

OMFG - Make Me Up

There are some girls who are naturally great with make-up. You know the ones I'm talking about; they can mix palettes, know the differences between mouse foundations and powder ones and where that fine line is between a glamorously well-made face and an all-out tranny look. My older sister was one of these girls, and when we were teens, I used to beg her to apply my make-up for any special events I had to go to. I, on the other hand, have never known what to do with a millions of make-up products I've purchased throughout the years. On a day to day basis I use foundation and eye liner and that's about it. It's not that I wouldn't wear more during the day time, it's that I honestly don't know how to without coming across as someone who face-planted onto a still-wet painting....or Christina Aguilera.

My lack of beauty knowledge miffs many, as they assume that as a model, I should also have a working skill of make-up application. Wrong. Models are simply the blank canvases that extremely talented make-up artists do their work upon. It's how I go from a relatively low-key twenty-something to a sexy lingerie vamp, delicate geisha, or whatever else the theme of the shoot happens to be. I've come to have a great appreciate for these artists as it really takes skill and creativity to be able to work with faces of all different races and walks of beauty. (I've also come to realize that some are better than at Asian faces than others....Asian models don't always have to look like geishas, FYI. And geishas are Japanese not across the board Asian...anyways, I digress.)

I've attempted to amp up my beauty skills lately, just for the fun of it and was introduced to a great line of videos by two make-up artists I've worked with several times! So, for any of you girls out there who are as clueless as yours truly when it comes to make-up, brush up on your skills!

Christine Cho and I worked an event over a year ago and bonded over mutual Asian gripes about the industry, going out, and more. We've been great friends since then and I can safely say that when I get married, Christine will be doing my make-up! She's well-established and even appears on the Steven and Chris Show as their beauty expert! Check out her line of videos on everything from natural beauty (my personal make-up philosophy) and a helpful video on everyday five-minute make-up!


Another make-up artists I've worked with many times is Amanda Blair. With her rocker-style and tons of experience despite being young (Seriously. I'm more than a few years older than her..) the shoots we've done have always been edgy and fun! Amanda has her own line of videos which dole out great tips on glamorous styles for going out.

Enjoy glamouristas!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment