Share this story!

Monday, June 28, 2010

I joined a gym? OMFG.

So this evening I'll be doing the unthinkable...joining a gym. Before you say how common that is, let me paint you a little picture here: I'm about athletic as a sofa. Yup, I get tired just watching sports, let alone actually having to participate in them. There are two types of models: curvier girls who work out and have fantastically fit bodies and genetically skinny waifs who can eat a ton and not gain a thing. (Ok so I guess there are the girls with eating disorders too...but that's another post entirely.) I am lucky enough to fall into the latter category of being thin, but with absolutely no muscle whatsoever. My sister has nicely described me as "skinny-fat".
Well this skinny-fat girl plans on turning that fat into muscle, or toning it at least! I wouldn't mind slimming down a touch and gaining some strength. At least that way I'll feel obligated to work out or risk losing the price of my membership.
Mind you as some one who's dated a personal trainer (or 2..) I wasn't about to sign up at some muscle-head gym where the girls are dolled up and the guys are gelled up. No meat-market gyms for me! Instead I've chosen a boutique gym focused on the body and soul which I think will be just my pace. Actually, I was going to join Curves but figured it probably wasn't my key demographic...and as my sister once again lovingly put it "You probably have to HAVE curves to go there."

Let the ass-kicking begin!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment