Share this story!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Modeling. OMFG.



So I mentioned in my first post that I'm a part-time model. Let me clarify this statement by saying I'm very part-time...almost part-part time if there was such a thing. Let's put it this way: I was pulled aside while drunk out of my mind at a nightclub when I was 19, went into the agency hungover the next day and have been taking it as it comes since then.
I've been in an off/on relationship with the industry ever since. It's a hard world to be a part of, especially as a young woman. You go to castings, get compared to others and are dismissed at the wave of a hand...it's basically a career where you wonder what's wrong with you. The maddening world of modeling has been put under a microscope especially as of lately with the apparent suicides of top models Tom Nicon and Daul Kim and I can sympathize with some of the pressures they were surely going through, although I'm not nearly as accomplished.
That being said, it is what it is, and I continue to part-part time model knowing that. On a happier note, after agency-hopping over the last year, I've found an amazing agency -- Dulcedo. They're my mother agency and I love the mutual respect I get/give from them!

The last shoot I did was earlier this summer with the lovely Erlinda Goldie. Along with hair and make-up by Flo and styling by Jamie Rae, we created some beautifully romantic images despite the flash hail that kept on (quite literally) raining on our parade. Here are a few shots from it..!

Enjoy! x

No comments:

Post a Comment