Share this story!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

OMFG...love in this club.


This weekend went surprisingly well for me, considering the mess that occurred only days before it. I've got to admit, I have freaking awesome friends.
So I kept my promise from my last post and slipped on a body-con dress, slick nude heels, smudged some eyeliner on and ta-dah! -- embarked on a night out on the town.
My lovely friends and I hit up Maison, a new club in the city for some remixed Sade, vodka-Redbulls (we work long hours people!) and more cigarettes than I'd like to admit. As I glanced around the club last night from our corner booth, I realized that for the first time in a long while, I felt happy. Maybe it was the four drinks in me, but I honestly felt like balloons were on my shoulders and I was upright and functioning after a long time in disrepair.
That's the thing about a good night out -- sometimes it's just what you need. Of course getting wasted and dancing (okay, wobbling is more like it -- you try hitting the dance floor in a skintight dress, 4-inch heels and immensely skewed motor skills) aren't actual solutions to life's problems, but they sure as hell help you get you to where you need to be.
I spent the night remembering how much fun I had just me, on my own, and not within a relationship. Sure, this seems to be a pretty obvious fact, but when you're lost in something for so long, it takes a little push to see your way out of the maze. I flitted from person to person I had not chatted with in forever, I huddled in corners with my girlfriends poking fun at other club-goers (seriously, don't wear Ed Hardy to a club. Just don't.), and most importantly, I felt relevant and excited about life in general.
Last night was the perfect mixture of fun, mingling, and love from good friends made into a post-break-up cocktail especially for me. I can't say I'm still not sad about it, but the edge has definitely been removed from the blade and I feel as though it just might not be the end of the world after all.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment