Share this story!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Another (young) one bites the dust....OMFG.


So little Lizzy McGuire aka 22 year old Hilary Duff tied the knot with her 29 year old hockey player fiancée over the weekend. If you read my previous post when Megan Fox and BAG did the same in Hawaii, you'll know that I think having established careers and thus your financial life entirely secure as a result from young Hollywood fame allows relationships to get serious much sooner that they would in the "normal" world, per say.
The Duffster, at only 22 is even younger than Fox was when she married...and is younger than me by a year for crying out loud! I wouldn't get married this year even if Brad Pitt dropped Angie and the two hundred kids they have and proposed to me. I don't remotely have myself figured out, professionally or personally....and it continues to astonish me that everyone in young Hollywood already does (Or seems to at least. Only time will tell who falls off the wagon...Miley, I'm looking at you!) Maybe with one comes the other: if you have your career secure and millions upon millions in the bank, does that allow you to "find" yourself faster, or at least with more ease?
The answer is never as simple as yes or no, but I can say with absolute confidence that if I had a fulfilling and successful career in Hollywood (let's humor ourselves and imagine as an Asian pop star as my sister and I used to pretend when we were little...bad Canto-pop and pink hair extensions included!) and enough security to take care of myself and my loved ones without worry, I would definitely be more relaxed and able to make decisions not based on work, but on what I truly wanted to do. Money means security and freedom which allows us to do what we enjoy with who we enjoy being with.
Work and love....the two great competitors of our modern time. For a romantic such as myself, the answer is clear, and I can pretty safely say that it always will be. Maybe the Duffster is a romantic just like myself; only her romance gets the fast-forward treatment from her success.
Whatever the reason, another young Hollywood couple has tied the knot leaving the rest of us to wonder, is anything in LalaLand ever really real? I guess I'll never know for sure unless the Asian pop start gig miraculously works out (I'd even be willing to learn how to dance..!) but until then, I can't help but wonder what life must be like for those so fortunate enough to be true romantics.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment