Share this story!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

OMFG -- Thank Goodness for Mothers

It's a beautiful Sunday here in Toronto and I just wanted to take a moment to write a quick note and wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day!
My mom uprooted her life in Hong Kong some 35 years ago, made the trek across the pond with little to nothing except my Dad by her side, and set out to create a better life for me, my sister and brother than she ever had growing up. I am thankful everyday.
Since then my mother has been the lovely combo of fuddy-duddy cute old parent to giggle at, supportive shoulder to lean on, and dispenser of wise words to live by. Neither over-bearing nor intrusive, my mother has simply given me guidelines as to how to go about things, given her own life experience. She lets me make my mistakes but is always there to pick up the pieces. And after I am always wiser.
Unsettled, unsure and lost I may be, but I know the one anchor I'll always have is her.
Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms, caregivers, moms-to-be, and special people in your lives, lovellies!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment